We are Chakula, a vegan bistro with Levantine cuisine.
Our name means “food” in Swahili, an African language.
We chose this name because we want to share our love of different cultures and cuisines with our guests.
We started traveling with our food truck to festivals in 2008.
Since 2018 we have a bistro, first located in Freising and since spring 2022 in Erding.
Our concept is simple: we offer fresh, healthy and delicious vegan dishes from the Levantine region.
This is the area around the Eastern Mediterranean, which includes countries like Israel, Lebanon, Syria and Turkey.
We make much of the food ourselves, without additives or flavor enhancers.
We value sustainability and environmental protection.
- With us you will find a diverse selection of vegan delicacies from the Levantine cuisine, such as:
- Hummus a creamy paste made from chickpeas, sesame seeds and garlic.
- Falafel deep-fried balls of chickpeas and herbs
- fried eggplant hearts peeled eggplant halves on warm hummus and finished with a sesame paste.
- Salatim A place setting of many small bowls filled differently, for sharing.
- Lemonades homemade soft drinks with different fruits and herbs.
We look forward to your visit in our cozy bistro in Erding.
You can reserve a table with us or order your food to go.
A dream in blue
Enjoy the view of the sparkling water while relaxing on our cozy terrace. Whether it's for lunch, coffee or dinner, you'll always find something delicious for your palate. Come by and let us spoil you with our delicious dishes. We look forward to seeing you! 😊
Please book online reservations at least one day in advance. For same day reservations please call us on 08122 9417414. Please note that we are not liable for force majeure and errors and therefore there is no legal claim to a reservation